Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A song, a gift

  Day 21:  

      I feel as though I've been saying this a lot the last couple of days, but today I got an amazing gift. Just when I hit the door of my apartment and reality set in, after my fabulous weekend in Tulsa, I received an email from a friend (more like a sister really). In the email she attached a song! Honestly, I thought it was going to be one of incredible self-written songs she has been known to write, but within two seconds I realized she had done something much more meaningful. My crazy tears can testify how much it meant to me. She began to sing a song I wrote a few years back, and recorded (thanks to her) for our trip to China.
      What struck me the most were the lyrics and how they foreshadowed what I am going through now....leave it to the Almighty to know what I would be going through years later. In addition to the my words, my precious friend added her touch and words and it turned out amazing even better than I could have ever done on my own.
       Isn't that what life is about anyway?. We do life with people, in relationships. We live life with all it's troubles, excitement and boring days with friends and family. If we're lucky we go through life with go through life with a handful of friends we can count on. Recently, I guess I took my friends for granted in someway...because in the darkest valleys I have had some of the greatest moments...all at the hands of my friends!

My Survival Plan

Read my Bible - 1 Chronicles 1:1-2:17, Acts 23:11-35, Psalm 3:1-8, Proverbs 18:14-15

Psalms 3:3-5, "But you, O LORD, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high. I cried out to the LORD, and he answered me from His holy mountain. I lay down and slept yet I woke up in safety, for the LORD was watching over me
."
Worship - yes, great time!

Work out - long walk out to the economy parking lot at DIA, and then up and down my stairs (three stories) at least 10 times today.

Do something for someone else - bought breakfast for a friend

Do something special for myself - adopted my new love "Lovely Sapulpa"...I'm calling her Saps for short

Cook - Yes! Seafood pasta

Emotional state: thoughtful

High point: Sapulpa

Low point: leaving T-town

No comments:

Post a Comment