Friday, July 1, 2011

Scrambled eggs....

   Day Seventeen:

       I had THE most amazing day in T-town. An incredible and special friend treated me to a spa day. Almost 4 hours later I have never felt more relaxed....more rejuvenated....but the most incredible part of my day was THE moment.....a God moment with the woman doing my pedicure (the funny thing is I would swear she was praying over me at the beginning of the session). Somewhere between soaking my feet in soothing, whirling water and the hot stone treatment she asked me how I came to "Spa Lux"....and thus began our conversation that lead to an almost immediate bonding. We quickly learned we both loved ministry, traveling and missions. After she found out about my South African friend we bonded over the love of the South African people (all of them) and the beauty of the country....then somehow we switched over to talking about my divorce and recent events. All and all...I LOVE and am so grateful for what she said to me...."Darling! You can never unscramble eggs, but you can fry up some bacon and make a great breakfast or sandwich." Basically what she said to me was....you can't undo what has been done...but you can create a different life and thus experience for yourself. She then encouraged me to seek out the message of hope God had for me in all of this...to trust that He didn't let things go very far before He rescued me! I never looked at it like that. I literally left the Spa in shock....how is this happening to me? How have I've been blessed and encouraged during a time that I feel as though I should be punished.
         Don't get me wrong, I realize the negative statements and beliefs in what I just said...and if I was talking to any of my teens (now) or my girls from church or Mercy I would be adamant that they focus on the "truth" of God and not destructive statements and thoughts of condemnation and punishment. However, somehow....and I'm working through the reality...that I'm just as vulnerable, and in need of, God's mercy, grace and forgiveness. It's not that I dont' realize this logically, intellectually or even emotionally....I assume it must be a lie that I believe to the depths of a place I never knew disappointment and pain could take me. I guess, somehow, I'm convince I'm exempt of all His promises....geez....what in the world????
         I know God's promises and I believe them to be true! I need them desperately and am so grateful that even in the most unlikely places He still shows up. What are the chances that of all the pedicurist...I ended up with a minister that has traveled the world and endured what I have...and thus spoke directly to my heart? I realize coincidence can happen...but probably not in T-town...and probably not where I would have ever thought it would happen. Not in the place of my what I have always felt were my healthiest, shiniest and best moments of my life. God is good..and knows how to speak to us!!!!!


Survival Plan:

Read my Bible - 2 Kings 18:13-19:37, Acts 21:1-17, Psalm 149:1-9, Proverbs 18:8

2 Kings 19:20-25, "The virgin daughter of Zion depises you and laughs at you. The daughter of Jerusalem shakes her head in derision as you flee. Whom have you been defying and ridiculing? Against whom did you raise your voice? At whom did you look with such haughty eyes? It was the Holy One of Israel. By your messengers you have defied the LORD. You have said, 'With my chariots I have conquered the highest mountains-yes, the remotest peaks of Lebanon. I have cut down its tallest cedars and its finest cypress trees. I have reached its farthest corners and explored its deepest forest. I have dug welss in many foreign land and refreshed myself with their water. With the sole of my food I stopped up all the rivers of Egypt.' But have you not heard? I decided long ago. Long ago I planned it, and now I am making it happen. I planned for you to crush foritified cities into heaps of rubbles."

Worship - yes lots during my times of relaxation...amazing how that happens

Work out - nope, but lots of relaxation

Do something for someone else - sent my brother and nephew happy birthday texts. Told my nephew how proud of him I am and how he's a big boy now at 5 years old!!!! Told my brother I love him and i really do listen to him...on occasion. :)

Do something special for myself - allowed myself to relax

Cook - Nope...yummy Pei Wei instead

Emotional state: relaxed and grateful

High point: pedicure and fire flies

Low point: there's not much to be low about...other than T-towns triple digits I guess

No comments:

Post a Comment