Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The longest day of the year

Day Nine:

Today was the longest day of the year, and not because...well it literally WAS the longest day of the year, but because I had so, so much going on. It wasn't until I was reminded by my mother that I am in control of what I say yes to, what I think can wait and what I can say no to that it occurred to me I can determine how my day turned out.

This reminder helped me choose to focus on my teens that need my help AND have dinner with a friend; wait on the papers that can are sitting in my mailbox, and say no to the extra errands that only added stress for no real good reason. Not only did I find a sense of peace, but also had a great (although exhausting) day. So grateful for a mother with tremendous wisdom.

Read my Bible - 2 Kings 3:1-4:17, Acts 14:8-28, Psalm 140:1-13, Proverbs 17:22

Proverbs 17:22, "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength."

Worship - Yes

Work out - nope....climbed a lot of stairs...does that count?
Do something for someone else - ugh, guess I didn't do much for someone else outside of helping my teens day. That and I didn't flip off the guy that likes to play race cars on the highway.

Do something special for myself - had dinner with an old friend! Yum, yum!
Cook - nope, but had a home cooked meal curiousity of Jess.

Emotional state: grateful

High point: slept in

Low point: long, very long day

No comments:

Post a Comment