Friday, December 2, 2011

Stupid relationships ;)

So after an amazing, quiet, family-filled Thanksgiving....I actually thought all the constant self-reflection might subside. Sigh....I mean really...what was I thinking. lol

On the phone with my mom I discovered a few yuckie things about myself (thank God for a Godly mother). The main one was that I confessed to feeling as though "I" could carry my marry. I thought I was strong enough to deal with everything wrong in the relationship....I thought there was nothing to big or beyond me. Yet then when I needed someone...when I needed to be carried...who could support me then? Myself? (And we're there) No!

God has not called us to live for or support ourselves. I quickly realized I could not only NOT carry my marriage but that it's important to know that when I need to be carried...He has called my husband...the person for me...to do that. If there isn't a husband...he had brought friendships and relationships into our lives to help!

We are meant for relationship. We are meant for partnership and friendship.....so when we isolate or think we can do things ourself we literally dismissed the commune God has called us to. He's called us to eachother.....with all the dark and unlovely places. The difference is....who are we partnering our lives with? are we allowing those that only "want" or "take" to be apart of our lives...or is there a mutual stream of life going on.

Isn't it interesting...in the story about the lame man that was brought to Jesus by his friends (they had to lower him through the roof because it was so packed)...Jesus said....it's because of THEIR faith that you are healed.

The right friends...the right people can make all the difference in the world. It's not always fun or easy...but true love is unconditional yet submitted to the transformation of God.

1 comment: